As a sample for CNC PRO toolhead a plywood stool was selected. If you are not a ZMorph VX user you can still make this sample. GCODE file is linked for download at the bottom of this article.
For this sample we will need:
- CNC PRO Toolhead
- Plywood 100x200x6 mm (included with CNC starter pack)
- Drill with 2 mm diameter (included with CNC starter pack)
- CNC PRO Work Table
- 3D Printed L shaped ZMorph Clamps (included with CNC starter pack)
- 4 M4 Screws with rectangular nuts
- Allan Hex Key Size 3
This sample takes about 45-50 minutes to complete, 15 minutes of preparation and 20 minutes of milling.
Step by step instruction:
Any toolhead or a 3D printing heated bed should be dismounted from the machine before proceeding.
- Prepare a set of two L shaped clamps, four M4 screws with rectangular nuts and Allan Hex Key Size 3.
- Put two of screws in slides along the longer side on both clamps. Like presented in the photo below.
- Put rectangular nuts on all four screws.
- Put the CNC aluminum work table in front of you in the same position as it will be mounted on the machine.
- Mount the clamps, as presented in the photo below, by sliding the screws into slots at front and back of the CNC aluminum work table. Do not tighten the screws yet.
- After positioning the clamps, tighten two screws on only one of the clamps.
- Put the workpiece between the clamps. In this case, it will be a plywood that comes with CNC Toolhead starter pack.
- By manually pressing the second clamp against the work piece, tighten two last screws to make the whole system rigid. If you are able to lift whole CNC aluminum work table just by holding the plywood, then preparation was made properly.
- Now the CNC aluminum work table can be mounted on the machine.
- Take your CNC Toolhead and mount the 2 mm drill in the socket.
- Next step is to mount CNC Toolhead on the machine. If you are not sure how to change toolhead visit "Getting Started with ZMorph VX - Toolhead Swapping".
- After the toolhead was mounted and changed in the machine software, go to "New job", the first window that will open will be a file selection. In this menu choose CNC PRO Sample file. (examples/cnc_pro/stool_cnc.gcode)
- Move the Z-axis few mm UP to make sure that the drill will not hit anything during the toolhead jog.
- Go to "SET" menu.
- Press "Home Y" and "Home X" buttons. DO NOT press the "Home Z" button.
- Go back to "MOVE" menu.
- Using on-screen arrows, position tip of the drill in the front left corner of the work piece. Just like presented in the photo below. Pressing on the number between arrows will toggle a size of one step.
- Go again to "SET" menu.
- Set 0 position to all axis by pressing "Set X=0", "Set Y=0" and "Set Z=0".
- Go back to "Settings" and turn ON the spindle by setting 100% spindle speed.
- Go back.
- All is left now is to press "PLAY". Note: If printer will ask you about homing the machine before starting the process, press "NO".
Sawdust made during a CNC work can be removed by a brush or vacuum cleaner.