To present capabilities of single head 1.75 extruder we selected two sample models. First and faster is our standard Brave Astronaut. For second, more complex and longer, we selected a Sierpinski's Triangle.
For this samples we will need:
- Single Head 1.75 Extruder with 0.3 nozzle
- Spool of PLA filament
- Heated Bed 250 mm
This sample takes about 2 hours and 15 minutes for Brave Astronaut and about 6 hours for Sierpinski's Triangle.
To print any of samples steps are as follow:
- Make sure you have proper toolhead and hated bed mounted, if you are not sure how to change toolhead visit: "Getting Started with ZMorph VX - Toolhead Swapping".
- Turn on your machine.
- If you have not calibrated your machine go to: "Manual and auto calibration" tutorial. If you already calibrated your machine go to next step.
- Go to "New job" menu.
- First screen that shows up is a file selection. Here you should go to "EXAMPLES" > "SINGLE EXTRUDER" and select one of two available gcodes.
- After selecting the file machine will start preheating to PLA temperature and move automatically to main "New Job" screen. Preheating of the machine is indicated by following sign.
- Now while machine preheats is a time to prepare the heated bed for printing. Press "PREPARE BED" button. The bed will move to maximal front position leting you apply any printing glues , like Dimafix , to increase adhesion. It is also recommended to attach an addon fan for PLA.
- If you have not loaded filament yet, now is the time. If you are not sure how to do it go to "Getting Started with ZMorph VX - Filament Loading"(coming soon) article.
- If the filament is loaded and the machine have finished pre-heating, which will be indicated by green check mark next to filament icon, all left is to press "PLAY" button.
- After few seconds the print will start.