The config and firmware files are responsible for your ZMorph’s performance. Sometimes they have to be updated to improve the printer.
They are installed on the micro SD card in electronics board named Sunbeam. You can connect to it via a USB cable.
The config is a text file with all the necessary information for the electronics, so it can work with Smoothieware program.
Each machine has an individual config file. It's important to make a backup of it to your hard drive. Please keep the original file in a separate disk location, especially while editing or upgrading config and firmware files.
How to edit config file?
- Connect the 3D printer with your PC/Mac via a USB cable.
- The content of the micro SD card should appear on the screen (it should behave the same way as USB flash drive).
- Find the CONFIG file on the card. It is a text file, so you can open it in Notepad.
- Edit the parameters inside the file.
- Save the file in original location on the micro SD card.
- Restart the 3D printer.
How to go back to the previous firmware version?
If you have a backup firmware file stored on your PC/Mac, you just need to change the file extension from FIRMWARE.CUR to FIRMWARE.BIN. Then you can replace the firmware on the micro SD card, reset the machine and start printing.