Flexible filament are very difficult to 3D print due to their softness but Zmorph can handle them!
Here's a few hints for 3D printing with flexible filaments:
- Before printing preheat ABS and feed a piece of ABS filament.
It will clean the nozzle and remove pieces of previously used materials. After that start loading the flexible filament. While doing it, adjust the temperature of the heatbed and the extruder to match the recommended parameters of the filament.
- For feeding the extruder avoid the fast extrusion like Flush Nozzle or Feed options. It's better to use Extrude 5mm option instead.
- Slow down the printing speed for better quality. You can change the printing speed in the Main Menu. It will slow down all speed parameters and will scale them proportionally. The printer will print a little bit longer, but the result will be more precise.
- Avoid retraction while generating G-Codes. In Voxelizer software disable the Retraction On option.
- Remember that every filament have its default parameters, like temperatures and speeds, recommended by the producer. Please don't use temperatures higher than the ones recommended for certain filament. The quality of overheated prints will be lower while the filament may damage the extruder.
Don't be afraid to experiment!
At the beginning you may encounter some problems but follow our tips and in time you'll become a 3D printing expert!
The printer works with ABS FLEX ?
Please sign in to leave a comment.