Print cooling is an essential part of getting good quality. Your ZMorph 2.0 SX offers different options for adjusting fan addon settings.
First of all, make sure that you have a fan connected to your X carriage and also that the A plug is connected to the extruder. Now, when you start your print, you can cycle through three different fan settings:
- AUTO - fan speed is based on settings implemented in actually printed .gcode file
- ON - fan is turned on to full speed all the time
- OFF - fan is turned off all the time
TIPS on how to use cooling
- PLA requires high fan speed all the time (and opened covers).
- ABS should have fan turned off, or at a minimum speed - strong cooling might cause print to crack and warp from printing bed.
- When printing a lot of overhangs raise the fan's speed.
- Turn off fan when printing bottom layers (always) - with cooling on, the material might warp and unstick from printing bed.