To start printing with your new ZMorph SX printer, you need to load a filament to the extruder. To do this, just follow these simple steps:
- Attach the spool of filament into the holder on the side of the machine.
- Start the machine.
- Go to New Job > Set up Material.
- Choose the desired temperature, adequate to the filament you want to use.
NOTE: if previously you have used a filament of higher melting temperature (for example ABS - 235C), set the temperature a few degrees higher than normal to prevent the nozzle from clogging (for example set 215C for PLA) and confirm by touching the tick button.
- Take the tip of the filament, and slide in gently into the PTFE tube and push it until it reaches the extruder’s drive gear.
- Now touch the feed (two arrows down) button to insert the new material into the nozzle
NOTE: if you are using the DUAL PRO Plastic Extruder, it is recommended to use a Feed both button to prevent the filament from moving up the second channel.
- Lower the temperature if it was higher than recommended