Printing with ABS filament may be problematic since the ABS warps highly and can unstick from the printing bed. There are a few ways to improve print sticking. One of the easier ones is by applying ABS juice onto the glass bed. Here is short recipe how to prepare ABS-acetone mixture.
Here's a short recipe on how to prepare ABS-acetone mixture.
What you will need:
- ABS (can be in form of filament, pellet or old prints)
- 100% pure acetone
- Glass jar with hermetic lid
Cut the material into small pieces (around 10mm long when using filament), and put it into the jar.
Now, fill the jar with acetone. Make sure you don’t add too much of it - generally it is recommended to add 10 ml of acetone for every 10 mm of ABS filament (2.85mm diameter - for 1.75 convert accordingly). Tighten the lid on the jar, and shake it a bit.
After about 2-3 hours the ABS should dissolve. If not, shake the jar gently and wait a little longer.
- Don’t inhale the acetone fumes, they might irritate your air passages.
- If your juice is too thin/thick add some more filament or add acetone accordingly.
- Apply your juice on a clean glass table using a tissue or brush.