Setting up material and attaching it in the right place on workbed is very complex process. To avoid problems with it while 2d CNC milling please read this tutorial in which we will cover every detail in both software and hardware.
First of all make sure that you have newest version of Voxelizer software (click help->check for updates).
When you open 2d milling workflow, on the table preview you will see blue transparent box. This object represents your material and it's placement on the table. Default values are set for 200x100x6mm plywood added to every CNC PRO toolhead (placed in the middle of the table).
In this window you can set the parameters of your material. Setting X and Y dimensions of your block is easy and doesn't require explanation. Z size is a bit more tricky, because it also should take into account thickness of your double sided tape (if it was used for attachment).
Here is our recommendation how to ensure that your material height is set correctly:
- Connect your printer to your computer using provided USB cable and click CONNECT button in Voxelizer software. Now move to gcode display tab and home all axes using blinking circled A button. Next, move your Z axis to safe height (3-5mm higher than supposed material) and move your plywood bed to front.
- Now you can attach your material to working table. To do this you can use provided double-sided foam tape.
- When your material is attached, move back to Voxelizer software and move your toolhead over it. Now step by step, clicking -1 and -.1 buttons lower the Z-axis until your milling bit touches the surface of the material. When it is set, read the Z-axis height written by green dot on the bed preview. Write this axis as material height parameter.
- When you don't know where is middle of your table, you can always burn helpful pattern from Laser_placing.gcode file in Examples folder (internal SD card of your ZMorph 2.0SX machine and newer)
- If your don't know how to mount plywood working table to your machine, head to this tutorial