We recommend keeping your ZMorph VX firmware up to date for best product experience. Here you will always find the latest firmware with a detailed list of improvements and a step-by-step guide for updating your ZMorph.
How to update the firmware and LCD screen:
You will need a computer and an SD card to update the software on the ZMorph VX machine.
- Download the newest firmware from the bottom of this article.
- Unzip the file.
- Copy LCD folder and firmware.bin file to main directory of SD card.
- Turn on the machine.
- Insert SD card into the slot next to the LCD screen
- Message about firmware update detection should appear and the 30 seconds countdown should start, after this time the update will begin automatically. Press 'Yes' to proceed. The machine will start updating the firmware. You shouldn't remove the SD card, turn off or reset the printer during this process.
- After finished update the machine should restart itself.
- Message about the screen update should appear. Press 'Yes'. The machine will start updating the LCD screens. You shouldn't remove the SD card, turn off or reset the printer during this process. This process may take up to 60 minutes.
- After the successful update turn off and on the printer.
- Now the machine is ready to work.
- Abort now disables heaters even when waiting for preheat,
- Using non 3d printing workflows won't home Z axis,
- Fixed used filament on job done screen,
- Fixed saved temperature in filament change,
- Setting new temperature from LCD resets cooldown counter,
- CNC safety improvement
- Added hibernation option,
- Added config check on machine boot.
- New 3 point manual calibration interface,
- Added German, French, Kazakh, Polish and Spanish language versions,
- Improved clean bed behaviour,
- New FAN3 power control,
- Long file names now roll over the screen,
- Added overtemperature protection,
- Disabled bed compensation for non 3d printing workflows,
- Unified Z height for extrusions and tool parking.
The 'config' file is only needed if your old config file was accidentally removed from the internal microSD card.