We recommend keeping your ZMorph VX firmware up to date for best product experience. Here you will always find the latest firmware with a detailed list of improvements and a step-by-step guide for updating your ZMorph.
How to update the firmware and LCD screen:
- Download the newest firmware from the bottom of this article.
- Unzip the file.
- Copy LCD folder and firmware.bin file to main directory of SD card.
- Turn on the machine.
- Insert SD card into the slot next to the LCD screen
- Message about firmware update detection should appear and the 30 seconds countdown should start, after this time the update will begin automatically. Press 'Yes' to proceed. The machine will start updating the firmware. You shouldn't remove the SD card, turn off or reset the printer during this process.
- After finished update the machine should restart itself.
- Message about the screen update should appear. Press 'Yes'. The machine will start updating the LCD screens. You shouldn't remove the SD card, turn off or reset the printer during this process. This process may take up to 60 minutes.
- After the successful update turn off and on the printer. Now the machine is ready to work.
- Screen update no longer leaves empty LCD directory,
- Updating printer during job is no longer posssible,
- Fixed preheating bug while using dual extruder,
- "Restore factory default" now restores all "Don't show again" type messages,
- Fixed typos in CNC workflow.
- Moving machine when not homed now displays proper information,
- Manual calibration now heats nozzle,
- Using Laser toolhead now displays information about removing protection label,
- Pressing "Play" while file is not chosen now displays proper information.
- Heating malfunction displays proper information,
- Improved reading gcode beginning,
- New, improved thickpaste interface,
- Improved USB connection,
- New, improved 3-point manual calibration,
- Tuned singlehead extruder 1.75 extrusion consistency,
- "Change toolhead" screen now disables only extruder motors,
- Machine now makes 5mm retraction before autocalbiration probing,
- Extrude/Retract buttons prevents multiple presses causing long movements,
- If internal SD card or config file is missing machine now displays proper information,
- Improved park tool movements,
- Extruder selection now resets position offsets.