Information on how to prepare a .gcode file is avaliable in the 'CNC PRO Milling file preparation' article and the article 'Communication and File Delivery' shows different ways how to transfer the file to the machines memory.
After uploading the file to an internal card or inserting an external SD card with the prepared file:
- Enter the 'New Job’ menu,
Note: If the user inserted the external SD card the screen should jump forward to the 'Choose File' section screen on the 'EXTERNAL’ directory.
Note: If there was no previously chosen file, after pressing on the 'New job' menu the screen will go directly to the 'Choose File' section.
- Go to the 'Choose file’ section,
- Files uploaded to the internal SD card are located in the 'INTERNAL’ tab, files uploaded to the SD card are located in the 'EXTERNAL’ tab,
- Select the prepared Gcode file,
Note: Folders will also be visible in the 'Choose File' menu. To enter a folder just select its name.
- If the prepared file or folder is not visible on the list press the up/down arrow buttons to navigate through the file list,
- Exiting the folder is done by selecting the folder icon with the upward-facing arrow,
- After selecting the file, press 'NEXT’,
Before starting the CNC milling process the machine must be calibrated to the mounted material on the worktable. Skipping the calibration process may result in damaging the milling cutter, machine or the toolhead and after that hurting the user. See how to properly 'Fixture the material' on the worktable and also how to 'Fasten the milling cutter' in the CNC spindle.
- Enter the 'Settings' section,
- Turn 'ON' your Spindle,
Note: Turning ON the spindle is a safety procedure, to protect the cutter against damage during calibration process, it is a recomendation from ZMorph. In case when the cutter hits the material while spining it will cut the material and won't break.
- Go to the 'Calibrate' section,
- Press 'Set',
Note: The movement in the X and Y axes will be disabled until they are homed. It is a safety procedure, to protect the machine against damage.
Note: The movement in the Z axis is avaliable all the time. Use it to move the milling cutter above the surface height of the prepared material.
Note: The information on the Z axis height is stored in the motherboard internal memory. That is guided by the fact that this value is not easy to change manually by the user unlike the X and Y axes.
- Press the 'Home X' and 'Home Y' buttons. Watch out for your cutter not to hit the material on the worktable,
Note: Don't home the Z axis when the milling cutter is in the spindle and when there is material on the CNC worktable. This will damage the milling cutter and might disarrange the Z axis motors.
- Go back to 'MOVE' menu,
- Using provided arrow buttons, move the spindle to the LOCAL starting position. More about what is local position in the 'Global and Local dimensions' article,
Note: In most cases the local starting position will be the material surface left, front corner.
Note: Toggle the distance button for better control over the cutter.
- When the cutter is in its local position, go to the 'SET' menu and set the local 0,0,0 coordinates by pressing the 'Set X = 0', 'Set Y = 0' and 'Set Z = 0' buttons,
- Go back to the main menu and choose 'PLAY'. Your machine will start working.