This function allows you to change the filament during the printing process. The new filament must be of the same material as the previous one (PLA/PLA) because the temperature of the extruder will be the same as for the filament that was there before.
- Tap the ‘Settings’ menu,
- Choose ‘MORE’,
- Choose ‘ Filament Change’,
- Wait until the extruder stops printing and lifts itself up,
- Tap the ‘HEATING’ menu and check if the extruder has the right temperature, if necessary change the temperature,
- Tap the ‘LOAD/UNLOAD’ menu,
- Tap the upper arrow for the extruder side from which to remove 80 mm of the material. At first, extruder will load 40 mm to prevent clogging. Repeat if needed,
- Insert new filament into the guide on top of the extruder,
- Tap the correct bottom arrow on the screen to feed 80 mm of the filament.
- Push the filament down until you feel it has been grabbed by the extruder drive gear,
- Wait until the material flows out of the nozzle. Tap the feed button again if necessary,
- Remove the extruded material. Click ‘DONE’, the extruder will continue work from where it stopped.
Note: Sometimes after clicking 'DONE' the machine won't resume the work, in those cases repeat the feeding by pressing one more time the 'LEFT' down button and after the extruder stops the feeding process press the 'DONE' button.